Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of this Rental Agreement, “RENT EVENT UTAH and OLYMPUS TENTS AND EVENTS” is its owners and employees, and “CLIENT/RENTER” shall mean the party who signs the front side of this Rental Agreement. If such party is an entity, that entity and the individual who signs this Rental Agreement shall be jointly and severally liable for all obligations of the CLIENT pursuant to the terms of this Rental Agreement. CLIENT shall be fully responsible for the acts and omissions of its agents and/or employees.
In consideration of hiring of the rental items (herein “the rental items” or “items”) described on the front of this Rental Agreement it is agreed as follows:
1. CLIENT WILL TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS REGARDING THE ITEMS RENTED, AND PROTECT ALL PERSONS AND PROPERTY FROM INJURY OR DAMAGE. CLIENT AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS RENT EVENT UTAH FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITY, JUDGEMENTS, ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS, OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURIES OR DEATH TO PERSONS AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MAINTENANCE, INSTRUCTION, OPERATION, POSSESSION, OWNERSHIP OR RENTAL OF THE ITEMS RENTED, HOWEVER CAUSED, EXCEPTING ONLY THOSE CLAIMS, ETC. THAT ARISE SOLELY FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF RENT EVENT UTAH.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK RELEASE & DISCHARGE OF LIABILITY. CLIENT IS FULLY AWARE AND ACKNOWLEDGES THERE IS A RISK OF INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR OPERATION OF THE ITEMS RENTED HERE UNDER. NEVERTHELESS, CLIENT ELECTS TO VOLUNTARILY ENTER INTO THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT AND EXPRESSLY ASSUMES ALL OF THE ABOVE RISKS OF INJURY OR DAMAGE. CLIENT AGREES TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE RENT EVENT UTAH FROM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FROM SUCH INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR OPERATION OF THE RENTAL ITEMS. CLIENT FURTHER AGREES TO WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE AGAINST RENT EVENT UTAH WHICH CLIENT OTHERWISE MAY BE ENTITLED TO ASSERT.
3. OPERATORS Unless otherwise noted, no operators are furnished, directly or indirectly with any rental items. Unless otherwise paid for all set up and tear down of items are to be done by the CLIENT.
4. Payment and Reservation: Quotes and proposals do not guarantee the availability of rental items and equipment. A credit card must be on file to make a reservation. A non-refundable reservation fee of $50 or 25% (whichever is greater) of the rental is required to book your reservation. The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to the event. If the payment is not made in full, the items will not be delivered. All payments received are non-refundable. No refunds will be given for any payments made!
5. Finalization of Order: Final count is due 2 weeks prior to your event. You may change your count up or down from your original order by 15% at any time prior to the 2 weeks. All orders are finalized 2 weeks prior to the event and payment on any remaining balance must be made. Changes of any type including address change, phone number and final count is the responsibility of the renter to notify RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC. Any changes in the location of event due to inclement weather or extenuating circumstances must be made within 72 hours of delivery. Any changes made less than 72 hours of delivery will result in additional fees.
6. Weather: RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC has no control over the weather. ABSOLUTELY no refund of product will be made in the event of inclement weather. It is the responsibility of the CLIENT/RENTER to make reasonable consideration and changes to avoid rental product being damaged by rain, hail, wind, etc. CLIENT is liable for all product that is damaged by weather. Items may be exchanged for different rental items, in the event of inclement weather, but is based upon availability of the product. There are no guarantees that original rental items can be exchanged for new rental items in the event of inclement weather.
7. Delivery: CLIENTS delivery is considered curbside. Curbside is defined as within 25 ft of a PUBLIC paved road. RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC will not back down driveways, cross fields, drive on grass, gravel, dirt or other aggregate surfaces. Most rental items are delivered on carts. Those carts must remain on solid surfaces. Delivery driver has final say in drop off location.
8. RECEIPT/INSPECTION OF RENTAL ITEMS- CLIENT hires the rental items on an “as is” basis. CLIENT acknowledges that he has, or will personally inspect the rental items prior to its leaving RENT EVENT, (regardless of point of delivery) and finds it suitable for his needs, CLIENT acknowledges receipt of all items listed in the Rental Agreement and that the rental items are in good working order and repair and that he understands (without further instructions) the proper operation and use of all rental items.
9. Pick Up: Upon completion of CLIENTS event all items must be returned to the curbside delivery location. All chairs must be wiped down and stacked back on carts(folding chairs) or in stacks of 7(crossback and chiavari chairs), in the same manner in which they were delivered. Failure to comply will result in an additional service fee starting at $100. Final amount to be determined by RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC, pursuit to required labor. In the event that Late Night Pick up/After hours pick up is required, CLIENT/RENTER is required to arrange pick up time at least 2 weeks prior to event and is to notify RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC. In the event that the product is not ready to be picked up at the predetermined time, An additional fee of $25 per 15 minutes will be assessed.
10. Will Call: RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC is not responsible for loading or unloading CLIENTS vehicles, including trailers, box trucks, etc. Please bring at least two able bodied individuals. Straps will not be provided to secure product, however RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC requires that all rented product be strapped down. Plan accordingly to bring all necessary tie down straps. If carts are provided by RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC items must be stacked back on carts exactly how they were when picked up.
11.WARNING The use of false or fictitious identification to obtain the rental items or the failure to return the rental items upon the Agreed Return Date of the Rental Agreement may be considered a theft, resulting in criminal prosecution. Your attention is directed to Utah Code Sections 76-6-405, 76-6-410, and 76-6-412 (criminal penalties for theft by deception and for theft of rental property items) and Section 76-6-505 (criminal penalties for issuing bad checks). Also see Utah Code Section 7-15-1 which imposes financial penalties on persons who issue bad checks.
12.POSSESSION/TITLE: CLIENT’s right to possession of the rental items terminates on the Agreed Return Date indicated in this Rental Agreement. Retention or possession after this date and time constitutes a material breach of the Rental Agreement. Any extension of the Rental Agreement must be agreed upon in writing. Title to the rental items is and shall remain in RENT EVENT UTAHS' name. If the rental items are not returned for any reason whatsoever, RENT EVENT UTAH may retake said items without further notice or legal process and use whatever force is reasonably necessary to do so. CLIENT hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC harmless from any and all claims and costs arising from such retaking. If rental items are levied upon, CLIENT shall notify RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC immediately. Time is of the essence in this contract. Renter shall return rented items to RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC during regular business hours, promptly upon or prior to expiration of rental period. If renter does not timely return, the rental rate shall continue until items are returned.
13. ORDINARY WEAR AND TEAR: CLIENT shall be responsible for all damage not caused from ordinary wear and tear. “Ordinary wear and tear” shall mean only the normal deterioration of the rental items caused by ordinary, reasonable and proper use of the rental items. Damage which is not “ordinary wear and tear” includes, but is not limited to: damage due to overturning, overloading, or exceeding rated capacities; breakage; improper use; abuse; dirtying of rental items by food, mud, plaster, concrete, resin, or any other material. Items that are returned in unservicable condition will be charged cost, shipping and handling, any additional expenses, plus 25%.
14. Equiptment Responsibility and damage: Renter shall pay a reasonable cleaning charge for rented items returned dirty. Renter understands that sand, glitter, dirt, sparkles, etc., should not be placed directly on any rental items. Items returned in any of these conditions will result in CLIENT/RENTER being charged for the replacement cost. Tables, chairs and dance floors must be returned to RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC, free of excess dirt, mud, food, etc.
15. LINENS: Renter is held responsible for linens returned with excessive amounts of food attached to them, greasy food stains, candle wax, paint, handwriting from ink pens or markers, etc., burns, rips/tears, and excessive "ground in" dirt. Linens returned in any of these conditions will result in CLIENT/RENTER being charged for the replacement cost.
16. DISHES: CLIENT agrees to scrape and rinse off all plates, and empty cups after use. In the event that CLIENT does not rinse off said product, CLIENT will be charged a fee starting at $100 for excessive cleaning fees. RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC will determine cost based upon needed labor.
17. DIY Dance Floors: Prior to RENTER installing dance floor, RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC will explain in detail how to set up and tear down dancefloors. In the event that the dance floor is damaged due to improper set up and or tear down of dance floor, CLIENT will be charged for the cost of the replacement of ruined dance floor pieces. It is of utmost importance that the RENTER installs and tears down the dance floor.
18. PURCHASE ORDERS The use of CLIENT’s purchase order number on the Rental Agreement is for CLIENT’s convenience and identification only.
19. SUBLETTING LOCATION OF RENTAL ITEMS. CLIENT agrees not to sublet, loan or assign the rental items. CLIENT shall not move any rental items from the address at which CLIENT represented it would be used unless pre-arranged with RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC.
20. DEFAULT Should CLIENT in any way fail to observe or comply with any provision of the Rental Agreement, RENT EVENT UTAH may, at its sole option, terminate this Rental Agreement, retake the rental items, declare any charges due and payable and initiate legal process to recover monies owed, or pursue any other legal rights and remedies available to RENT EVENT UTAH. Exercise of any remedy available to RENT EVENT UTAH shall not constitute an election of remedies or a waiver of any additional remedies to which RENT EVENT UTAH may be entitled.
21. LEGAL FEES In the event an attorney is retained to enforce any provision of the Rental Agreement, the prevailing party in the dispute shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs in such action, or proceeding, in an amount to be determined by the court.
22. Payments and Cancellations: All payments made are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation all monies paid are forfeited. Renter authorizes the charge to the renter's credit card on the file for the replacement cost of any damaged items. Replacement cost includes the retail cost, shipping & handling, and any additional expenses. Lost items will be charged at the replacement cost.
23. Damage Waiver: Insurance against damage to rental items may be purchased for 10% of the total cost of the rental order (before taxes and delivery charges) and will cover any items damaged accidentally. There misuse of rental product Acceptance of Insurance Waiver must be noted on order form.
24. No item valued at $100 or more can be cancelled off the order once placed. Small changes to items such as tables, chairs and linens can be made and will be accommodated based on availability.
25. Credit Card Authorization: I do hereby guarantee that the following is a valid credit card upon which I have signature rights. I do hereby authorize that RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC may place all charges for rentals including any replacement charges for missing or damaged items on this credit card. Notwithstanding, customer agrees to provide payment in full in the event the card specified is not used. By signing, I also accept all the terms of the contract.
1. When you reserve a tent & any accessory, we immediately remove them from our available inventory and schedule a crew for set up. Therefore, any cancellation received within fourteen days of the installation date will be charged 50% of the total rental cost of the tent.
2. New Clients: Equipment will be reserved only upon receipt of a signed “Tent Rental Contract” and a 25% deposit. Final payment is due 2 weeks prior to installation. Any add-on equipment the day of the event will be billed.
3. Credit Line Clients: To guarantee your reservation, a signed “Rental Contract” is required. If the order is more than $10,000 a 50% deposit is required. Final payment is due on net 30 - day terms.
4. Time and Charges: In most situations RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC and Olympus Tents and Events will charge from the time equipment is picked up or delivered until equipment is returned, including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. Customers who elect to have equipment delivered and removed by RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC and Olympus Tents and Events will be given an estimated delivery time, and estimated time of removal. These estimated times are not binding upon RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC and Olympus Tents and Events. Any rental that requires the removal of rental equipment after 5 PM on any given day will be subject to an “overtime charge” of at least $195.00 dollars that will be in addition to the regular delivery and removal fees. Likewise, delivery and/or removal of equipment by Olympus Tents and Events on any Sunday will incur a minimum $195.00 dollar charge.
5. Delivery Fee for Tents: Includes tent installation set up and take down. Within 100 feet from our truck or trailer. Additional charges will apply if delivery path includes up or down stairs, or steep inclines, or further than 100 feet from the truck or trailer.
6. Tent Installation: Installation of a tent must be done correctly for the protection of the users, the tent, and ultimately the success of your event. Therefore, it is our strict policy that all installations and takedowns are done by our experienced crews. All prices quoted will include these services. Stakes are the best way to secure a tent for our terrain. We use a 1”x 42” iron stake at every tent leg. The approval to stake is the responsibility of the client. When we stake in asphalt, we fill the holes with ready-mix asphalt immediately after the stakes are removed. There will be minimal damage to the asphalt which the client accepts as part of this agreement.
7. Cement Block Installation: When staking is not an option, we can secure tents with cement blocks at each leg. This option is not guaranteed in severe weather. There are additional fees for cement block installation.
8. Preparation for Installation and Take-down: The first step our crews take installing a tent is to spread the tent flat on the installation site. Please have the installation site completely clear of obstructions before we arrive at the job-site (this includes overhead obstructions such as tree branches, zip lines, hanging lights). In like manner, the tent must be totally empty before we can take it down. Fees will be applied if these policies are not met.
9. Weather: Client understands that tents are temporary structures designed to provide limited protection from weather conditions, primarily sun and rain; however, there may be situations, particularly those involving strong winds and lightning, in which the tents will not provide protection. Evacuation of tents to avoid possible injury is recommended when severe weather threatens the area where the tents are erected. People must leave the tents and not seek shelter in tents during such conditions. Client understands that it is Client’s responsibility to be aware of changing weather conditions and to exercise its best judgment with regard to the evacuation of tents. Client agrees that in the event of a predicted or actual storm or excessive winds, RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC AND/OR Olympus Tents and Events may dismantle any equipment that has been previously installed to ensure the safety of all involved.
10. Permits: It is the responsibility of the renter to check with your local Special Events Department, Building Permits, and or Fire Departments prior to the installation date to confirm and adhere to their requirement(s) for permits. We will assist you in any way possible, but these clearances do remain the responsibility of the renter.
11. Damages & Damage Waiver: RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC AND Olympus Tents and Events endeavors to protect your property during the delivery, installation and removal process. Client agrees to release RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC and Olympus Tents and Events of any liability for any damage resulting from non-negligence to any property due to delivery, installation and removal of equipment on your property, including but not limited to ruts in the grass, scratches on the installed surface, hitting any water lines, including sprinkler lines, water mains, water lines, along with any electrical lines and weather-related damages. Client also understands that tents are temporary structures and may leak during heavy rain.
12. Rental Protection: By accepting the damage waiver payment RENT EVENT UTAH, LLC and Olympus Tents and Events. waives any claim against customer for direct physical damage to the equipment from any external cause except as follows:
Any loss or damage due to theft, vandalism, malicious mischief, misuse or abuse;
Any loss or damage resulting from overload or exceeding the rated capacity of equipment;
Any loss or damage resulting from customer dragging products;
Any loss, damage, or cleaning required due to melted wax from the use of candles;
Any loss, damage, or required cleaning resulting from water exposure caused by sprinkling systems;
Any loss or damage caused by infidelity of customer, customer’s employees, or persons to whom the equipment was entrusted; Or, Any use of equipment in violation of the law or any terms of this agreement.
13. Indemnification & Defense: To the fullest extent permitted by law, each party agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party, including its trustees, officers, members, directors, employees, servants and agents, against loss, damages, claims, suits, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses (without limitation, all reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) that may accrue against the indemnified party, including its trustees, officers, members, directors, employees, servants and agents which is proximately caused by the negligence or willful misconduct or any breach of representation or warranty by the indemnifying party. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.